R-ION series products are programmable room controllers ideal for managing a wide range of individual
building products such as fan-coil units and VAV boxes.
Extremely flexible customization options are available thanks to configurable color touchscreen, full
programmability and custom logo placement options.
In addition to basic fan-speed and temperature settings, lighting controls can easily be integrated, as
well as custom application specific functions (e.g. Do Not Disturb / Make Up Room buttons for hotel
R-ION controllers support various industry standard protocols simultaneously. The main supervisory
system communication (Port 1) is serial RS485 or wireless IP depending on basic version:
- WIFI versions support Sox protocol, BacNET IP (slave),
ModbusTcp (master and/or slave)
- Serial versions support BacNET MSTP (slave) and Modbus RTU in
either master or slave configuration.
Optionally, one or more of the following auxilliary communication ports may be available:
- Second RS485 port (Modbus & DMX drivers available)
- Belimo MP-Bus port
- DALI (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) port
Two-piece interlocking design greatly simplifes installation on the wall-unit side, as the IO module can
be located close to the terminal unit being controlled, with only comms wiring into the wall unit.
- 3.5” resistive color touch-screen
- Freely programmable
- Fully customizable graphics
- Powered by Sedona Framework
- WIFI option
- Belimo MP-Bus option
- Dali (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) option
- DMX driver available
- Low profile, only 10.5 mm thick
- Optional Input/output modules optimized for terminal units (e.g. Fan-coil, VAV...)
Developed by Tridium, the Sedona
Framework™ is the industry's first, open source development framework that provides a complete
software platform for developing, deploying, integrating, and managing pervasive device applications. It
brings the power of programmable control and the Internet down to edge devices. The Sedona Framework
distributes decision making control and manageability to any device and brings intelligence and
connectivity to the network edge and back.
1 Ontrol dedicated input/output modules R/MIO, R/TIO...
2 Power typically from Ontrol dedicated input/output module